Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

07/10/2010

Henro Day 3


Today the path from 11 to 12 was mostly mountainous with 2 peaks (respectively 745 and 700 meters) to overcome.
I walked about 16Km including the road to the night's inn.


Some of the paths I walked...

 
Some of the views I enjoyed while taking short breaks...

A hut for resting at which I passed on the way

There is a grand bronze statue of Kouboudaishi about 2 hours walk before the temple.

Kamiyama town, 12th temple - Shousanji - Main gate & Main Building


I stayed at a Zenkon'yado (a place to sleep charitable to pilgrims) called Sudachikan which included 2 meals for a very reasonable price.
The following morning they also gave me a Sudachi mandarin and onigiri and took my luggage to the top of the next mountain by car and waited for me.


In front of the Sudachikan store

The bedroom in Sudachikan's guest house

I shared the room with an Australian I met on the way to Shousanji.

No comments:

Post a Comment