Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

23/07/2010

Akiba again!

I went to Akiabara with someone I met on internet chat today. (hereon HK-san)
We got maps from a girl dressed up as a maid and went to eat ramen. Which was really delicious.
Apparently HK-san is a regular customer to a nekokissaten (cat cafe), so I decided to enter the store with him.
There were about 8 cats, and you pay for the amount of time you want to pet them.
I bought some green tea and petted the cats a bit. I was also shown a photo collection by one of the staff, showing the cats as they grew up.
After that we went around various shops, with a focus on figurine shops.
We also went to a Book Off and after gathering up varios manga I wanted I spent a little short of 100 pounds.
Thanks to the amount I spent, nationwide postage became free, so I made them send the manga to Yosuke's house.
We checked out a few more shops then headed home.

I ate a "homoben" (short for Hotto Motto packed lunch) unajuu (eel on rice with a sweet sauce)
Unajuu - Really delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment