Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

24/07/2010

Team Moscow reunite!

I went to Ueno to meet the people I became aquainted with at the airoport in Moscow again.

Shinobazu no Ike lake - There are a lot of lotuses.
We visited the Hanazono Inari shrine, which is within the park.
Hanazono Inari shrine - I was told it was known for 'matchmaking' couples, but I couldn't seem to confirm this on the internet later.

We had an extravagant meal in a chinese restaurant called 'Toh Ten Koh'.
Good view of Ueno park. It's also possible to see Sky Tree from here.

The view from the hotel window.

After the meal, one of the group had to leave for work.
We then went to Ameyoko market, where a further two of the group left to see Akihabara. Apparently they are going to check out a maid cafe.
The remaining 3 of us looked around Ameyoko.




We then returned to Ueno park and entered the Science musium within the grounds.
We watched a "360 degree video" about "Mantle and Earth's changes" and "The sea's food chain".
The experience felt a bit like floating, and it was very interesting.
The musium had various displays about earthquakes, and also fossils of various dinosaurs and plants.

On the train home, one of the signals on the line got hit by lightning. After waiting a long time in the train, I had to go back again in a differrent train and go home by a differrent route.
I arrived several hours later than I had expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment