Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

18/10/2010

Henro Day 14

Today MM-san finished his pilgrimage (this is called Kechigan), so I won’t get to walk with him from tomorrow, but he is letting me stay at his house while I walk near Kouchi City. I’m very grateful!
127128129
Kounan City, 28th temple – Dainichiji
130
Nice weather
131132133
Kounan City, 29th temple – Kokubunji
134135
Kouchi City, 30th temple - Zenrakuji
208209
MM-san took me to a Yatai* for dinner and treated me to ramen, gyouza and oden.
*Yatai – A cart with a roof, generally set up stall to sell food

No comments:

Post a Comment