Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

12/07/2010


I'm currently in the aeroplane, however regardless of the fact it's over 30 minutes late there are no signs of taking off.
The Aeroflot checkin counter seemed to be having issues with their system and had to provide me with a hand-written boarding pass.
Security wouldn't let passengers through with this, so I had to go back to the checkin desk - by which time they were able to print a proper boarding pass. What the hell.
I hope the change over at Moscow goes better than this.
Or I did - the flight ended up a full 2 hours late.
It turned out that the next flight they could put me on was the same time as I was planned to get on today, but tomorrow. They gave me the boarding pass and 3 food coupons.
Apparently they would normally provide a hotel too in this situation, but for some reason they couldn't.
So I, and another 5 people headed for Tokyo, ended up wondering the airport departure lounge with 22 hours on our hands.
But it certainly wasn't all bad, as the 6 of us got on well and decided to spend the time together.
At this point in time (writing this) we still have to wait another 14 hours.
If I can, I really would like to meet them again after entering Japan and laugjh about the experience.

2 comments:

  1. don't worry your uncle has been there (24 hours at jfk):) love trisan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Norgy, I'll be reading this!
    Hope you're having fun!

    Kyou-Kun

    ReplyDelete