Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

08/09/2010

Otaru day 3 & Sapporo

In the morning I went to a restaurant at the market and ate sashimi.

I then walked through Temiya park, which is right by where I stayed, then visited the Otaru Inari shrine.

I said my farewells to the host who was so kind to me, then left for Sapporo by bus.
The first place I went was the Sapporo University campus. I ate my lunch there and wondered thr grounds a bit.
Picture of a child being allowed to play where they aren't allowed to on the pretty campus.
There was a museum on campus, so I looked at the displays for some time.
Besides information about Sapporo University's history and earthquakes, there was a display about Alaskan dinosaurs.

Next I walked to the backbackers lodge I'm spending the night at.
Everyone staying there introduced themselves, and I ended up eating "Genghis Khan" (A Hokkaidou meal involving lamb & veg cooked on a dome shaped grill) together with 3 of the girls. (How delightful!)
After eating we went to the Sapporo broadcasting tower (TV tower or "Terebi tou-san" = "TV father" a pun on 'tou' for tower and 'tou' for father).
We went up to the viewing room and enjoyed Sapporo's night scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment