Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

10/09/2010

Sapporo - Days 2 & 3

The next morning I went to the Sapporo beer museum with 3 of the girls I met at the lodge (only 1 the same as last night)
There were explanations about how beer is made, and also cute models depicting the process.
The display of all the posters they have historically used was also very interesting.
Me as a can of 'Sapporo Classic' Hokkaidou limited beer and the 3 beers we sampled.
I liked the Kaitaku (pioneer) beer best.

2 of the party left at this point, leaving the 1 remaining girl (E-san from hereon) and myself to sightsee the Former Hokkaidou Government Office Building and the Sapporo click tower.


E-san and I parted ways here and I went to check out Oodoori Park, then had beef sinew miso ramen.
It was okay, but I didn't like beef sinew much.
After that I checked in at a capsule hotel.
Capsules are like this. Surprisingly, there was enough room inside to sit up.

After checking in I went to the Chitosezuru sake museum, but they only do tours on weekends so I ended up just sampling various sakes and buying a bottle for a souveneer.
After returning to the hotel, I got the man on reception to tell me where I could eat soup currey - one of Sapporo's specialties - and went there to eat dinner.
It was very tasty, but the system was you choose from 1-5 how spicey you want it. I chose 3.5 and it was a bit too spicey, if I get another chance I think I'll go for about 2.
The soup currey I ate in a restaurant called 'Yellow'

I then returned to the hotel, took a bath and slept!

On the 3rd day I used the train and a bus to visit "Sapporo Artpark"
In the art gallery I took my time to appreciate various pictures of (mostly Hokkaidou) wildlife.
I then went to the outdoor gallery and looked at lots of sculptures amidst lots of nature while listening to explanations from a volunteer lady doing tours.

On the way back I checked out Nakajima park and the Japanese garden inside the grounds.
It was a beautiful and relaxing place.

I ate salt ramen in "ramen sidestreet" then walked around night time Oodoori park before returning to the capsule hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment