Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

25/10/2010

Henro Day 21

I walked 14KM to Shimanto (the part which used to be Nakamura Village) and did some sightseeing with the free time. I also managed to get online, so I updated the blog.

12

The road just after leaving the inn and the Atokawa river running by the east side of Shimanto City.

3

Gion Shrine

45

Ichijou Shrine

6

A shop selling nori seaweed sponge cake caught my eye, so I tried some. It had a refined taste and was just slightly sweet. I thought it was tasty.

789

Guesthouse Tosa – nothing out of the ordinary

Apparently Nakamura was built based on Kyouto’s design in the 14th century, but I didn’t really get the impression it was very Kyouto-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment