Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

30/10/2010

Henro Day 26

I walked with OS-san from the tsuyadou.

65

Some pretty flowers which were on the roadside. They look a it washed out from the camera flash, though…

66

67

Today’s mountain path!

68

Took a break with OS-san

69

The view from the peak at a height of about 500 meters.

70

After descending from the mountain, a lady working amongst the mandarin trees gave us each 3 mandarins as settai. Tasty!

71

Back to road.

72

Uwajima City, Tsushima Town

7374

Shinbashi ryokan in Tsushima Town

I bought an apple from a shop about 1 minute walk from the ryokan, and after talking to the lady in the shop and a local, the local lady presented me with 3 mandarins. Another hit of vitamin C!

Later, when I was watching TV in the ryokan, an elderly man also staying the night who I greeted earlier knocked on the door then gave me a banana and a sports drink.

My fruit-life is starting to get surprisingly fulfilling! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment