Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

26/10/2010

Henro Day 22

#40 is at Ashizuri cape, so I stayed the night at a zenkon’yado about 6KM before it and left visiting the temple till tomorrow.

101112

Some of the roads I walked

13

the Tosashimizu City shore

15

Kubotsu port (probably)

232425

Tsuro Henro Hut. I took the pictures the following morning, which is why they are so bright (lol)

For 500 yen I got to stay in the hut with a firewood stove, use the washing machine, and use the outdoor bath.

On top of that, the guy providing the hut showed me the katana which had been passed down generations in his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment