Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

12/10/2010

Henro Day 8

Today I had a choice between prefectural route 25 and national route 55 at about 6KM into the walk.
I could probably expect interesting scenery from route 25, but the roads are a little harder to walk and it's a slightly longer route.

On the other hand, route 55 is a larger, easier to walk road.
Normally I would have gone with route 25, but today my feet were tired and I had a blister so I went with route 55.

67

The rare luxury of a wide footpath.

68
A henro hut I rested at.

69
An interesting restaurant on the roadside. They seem to be providing "pirate food" inside a modified ship.

717273
Minami Town, temple 23 - Rakuouji

7475
The view of Minami Town from Rakuouji

767778
A zenkon'yado provided by a restaurant called "Hashimoto Drive-in"

I slept inside a modified bus (lol)
Hashimoto even provided dinner.
I was able to sleep surprisingly comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment