Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

13/10/2010

Henro Day 9

There is about 76 kilometers between yesterday's #23 Yakuouji and #24 Hotsumineji, so I'll be spending 3 days to get there.
I'll be walking about 35 kilometers to today's guesthouse. (The longest distance in my current plan)

7980

I walked part of the 'old route' for about 500 meters, but there were no signs that anyone else had recently used the path.

81
I walked route 55 all day and gazed at the sea.

82
I saw several monkeys, but I only managed to capture this 1 well in a photo.

83
A henro rest hut in Kaiyou Town. It even has a bed and toilet!

8586
"Shishikui Guesthouse" which I stayed at today.

I went to a restaurant about 100 meters from the guesthouse and they gave me coffee and a meal as a Settai*.
* In Shikoku, there is a tradition of giving small gifts etc to people walking the Henro trail called "Settai".

No comments:

Post a Comment