Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

11/11/2010

Henro Day 38

 

01

I walked mainly on the main road, but these pictures are of the old route I walked a little.

234

I took a break at Enmeiji, one of the extra temples (not one of the 88)

TI-san and wife as well as KMK-san and SK-san were resting here too, so I greeted them and continued.

5

An ironic scene I noticed in Shikokuchuuou City (The sign saying Eco Town next to a smoking chimney)

67

Shikokuchuuou City, Ryokan Taiseisou

The building was old but comfortable. They still use one of the first generation microwave ovens! Wouldn’t it be best to sell off as an antique? lol

P.S. I first tried to make a reservation with Business Hotel Takao, but they have a racist “no foreigner” policy – please boycott them hmmkay!

No comments:

Post a Comment