Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

12/11/2010

Henro Day 39

Today I only walked 17KM and visited one temple. I took it easy.^^

8

A picture of Shikokuchuuou City I took part way up to #65.

91011

Shikokuchuuoushi, temple 65 – Sankakuji

I met the TI-san couple and KMK-san and SK-san again here.

12

As I’m sure you can tell from this Japanese maple, the autumn leaves are getting very pretty.

1415

Descending from Sankakuji, and a Henro rest stop which was on the road.

16

I took a break with the other 4 at the extra temple Tsubakidou.

171819

I went ahead of the others to a ‘bus hotel’ belonging to an okonomiyaki bar.

2021

Inside the bus. There were 2 beds, a TV, a kettle, air-conditioning, a heater, a kotatsu*, a fridge and a microwave oven. A surprising array of facilities.

I reached it at about 2, so I spent the time writing blog posts and watching TV.

I went to the okonomiyaki bar at 6 and ate an okonomiyaki and talked to the regular customers – one of whom bought me yakisoba as a settai.

I refused beer several times, but in the end they poured me some anyway so I drank and enjoyed several glasses – because I had to. (excuses…)

No comments:

Post a Comment