Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

13/11/2010

Henro Day 40

I passed the boundary between 3 of the 4 prefectures in Shikoku today – Ehime, Tokushima and Kagawa. Today I went from Ehime to Kagawa, but temple #66 alone is just barely located in Tokushima prefecture.

1

From about 3KM from the ‘bus hotel’ I walked along the boundary between Tokushima and Kagawa.

234

I saw 2 foxes among the scenery just starting to redden from Autumn. When I got closer I discovered they had been eating a dead boar.

567

Miyoshi City, temple 66 – Unpenji. At a height of 900 meters, it’s the highest point in the pilgrimage.

89

These statues were on the path out of Unpenji, I wonder just what they mean. I’ll investigate later.

1213

There was a blackboard for walkers to write on at a rest stop provided by Minshuku Aozora. I wrote in the top left. I noticed later, looking at the photo that I got my age wrong… what the heck.

141516

Mitoyo City, temple 67 – Taikouji

18

I had udon for lunch. Yum!

1920

Kanonji City, temple 68 – Jin’nein and…

21

Kanonji City, temple 69 – Kanonji. Within the same precinct as #68. It seems I forgot to photo the Daishi hall.

2324

Japanese inn close to #68 & #69 – Fujikawa Ryokan

It seems like it’s run by a family and they were all very cheerful, the food was good too. They also had some manga so I read a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment