Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

15/11/2010

Henro Day 42

I met 2 henro walkers about my age today, and decided to walk with them.

We all stayed in the same zenkon’yado, but since we were told not to come before 4pm we took our time in Marugame City before going.

545556

Zentsuuji City, number 76- Konzouji. I met KN-san (female) and WN-san (male) here!

Apparently they have been walking together since #12. I wonder if I was an interference (lol)

575860

Tadotsu Town, number 77 – Douryuuji

616263

We still had plenty of time when we reached Marugame City, so we had lunch then checked out Marugame castle.

For some reason it turned into a kind of competition and we half ran on the way up ^^;;

646566

Utazu Town, number 78 – Goushouji

67

Utazu Town, zenkon’yado “utangura”’s living room. I forgot to photo the bedroom but it was an ordinary Japanese style room.

The couple who are providing the zenkon’yado were very friendly and let us use the bath, the washing machine and lent out bicycles to go to the local supermarket because most of the 7 or so of us that were staying hadn’t eaten before coming. I was very grateful!

As a kind of ‘sequel’ to todays events, when I reached the hotel I was staying at the following day I realised I’d forgotten one of my towels and half my underwear at Utangura. (teardrop)

No comments:

Post a Comment