Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

14/11/2010

Henro Day 41

25

I walked along the Saidagawa river for about 5KM till the first temple today.

262728

Mitoyo City, temple 70 – Motoyamaji

2930

Then I walked about 12KM through Mitoyo City…

3132

And reached Iyadaniji.

3334

Mitoyo City, temple 71 – Iyadaniji.

Loads. Of. Stairs.

35

Found some ‘Dekotora’ (decorated trucks) – just some strange Japanese phenomenon.

373839

Zentsuuji City, temple 72 – Mandaraji

404142

Zentsuuji City, temple 73 – Shusshakaji. Close to Mandaraji (about 500 meters)

43

Overlooking Zentsuuji City from outside Shusshakaji’s main gate.

444546

Zentsuuji City, temple 74 – Kouyamaji. I think the folks in black clothing are monks from Kouyasan.

474950

Zentsuuji City, temple 75 – Zentsuuji. The halls and precinct are huge and there were a lot of tourists.

This is where Kouboudaishi was born.

515253

The Shukubou hotel attached to Zentsuuji. There’s no TV in the room, and no manga (teardrop). … Just what am I expecting from a Shukubou (lol).

The food was good, and after the morning service, I got to visit the basement room in the Daishi Hall and listen to the voice of Kouboudaishi as synthesized from his physique in pictures and statues.

No comments:

Post a Comment