Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

14/09/2010

Mitaka City

This is my 4th day since arriving in Mitaka city.
I'm currently on home stay with Y-san I met at Moscow airport (and later spent the day with at Ueno park)
I'm taking things easy at the moment.
I went to the propeller cafe in the local Choufu airport with K-san, the daughter of teh household.
I got to see various models and real planes up close and the food was great too, so I was a satisfied customer.

I had makizushi (rolled sushi) for lunch with everyone. It was delicious & fun, what more could you ask for!
I bought the ingredients together with Y-san. I'm still not used to the selection of goods in Japanese supermarkets.
Yesterday's makizushi "welcoming party" lunch

The elder brother of the family (hereon M-san) was planning to go to Shibuya before dinner to buy some stuff for footsal, so I took advantage and went with him.

Apparently "scramble crossroads" is even more crowded with people on weekends.
Scramble Crossroads and the statue of Hachikou
After getting home Y-san made us tempura. It was my first tenpura and it was delicious.
yummy tempura
After taht I updated my blog(s) (bitter grin) and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment