Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

18/09/2010

Tokyo Game Show

I contacted one of the students I met two days back and ended up going to TGS with 2 of them.
I also got Yousuke to come along and we saw each other again for the first time in a while.
"Makuhari Messe" where TGS is held

I haven't played many games besides a first person shooter called "Left 4 Dead" in ages, so I didn't know that many of the game series' on display but it was interesting to see the game footage, cosplayers(people dressing up as fictional characters) and the atmosphere was enjoyable.
This hovering thing has 2 cameras on board and allows you to watch the video live on an iphone while controlling the movement by tilting the phone. It looked like a pretty good toy.
The last photo is me with someone dressed as Hatsune Miku.

No comments:

Post a Comment