Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

31/10/2010

Henro Day 27

When I went to leave the ryokan, the owner lady gave me 3 bananas and a sports drink. I’m not sure there’s been any other time in my life where I’ve had so much fruit in such a short time! (I don’t normally eat a lot of fruit)

I only walked about 15KM today, but that was because my plan was to do a bit of sightseeing in Uwajima City with the free time. However, it rained so I secluded myself to the inn.

0

The Iwamatsu river running in front of yesterday’s ryokan.

1

234

The mountain path today was fairly short at 5KM and only about 200M high.
From here I met YH-san again, so we walked together.

56

Uwajima City, Henro Inn Moyai

As the name would suggest, the inn is aimed at walkers of the henro trail. Guests stay in a room in a normal apartment.

The man running the inn was a truly kind person and made me feel very welcome.

According to him the number of foreign walkers staying has been increasing, so since I had time I wrote an English translation of what services, facilities and rules there were. He was very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment