Welcome

For those reading who don't know me, or have forgotten my name, I am Neil Gordon and I intend to keep this blog up to date with my travel activities in Japan - taking place from mid July 2010 till some time in January 2011.
I'm English and am interested in the Japanese culture and language, as well as computers and technology.
The blog name neiltanken is simply my name + 探検 (tanken) - which means expedition.

04/11/2010

Henro Day 31

I left my rucksack with Omogo Ryokan and visited the 2 temples in Kumakougen Town. Then I returned to retrieve it, spent some spare time at the library, then went to the supermarket to get dinner and breakfast. (pot noodles and makizushi)

After that I stayed the night at “Yayoi diner”, on the side of the route 33 road.

77

It was cold this morning. The picture is of #44’s main gate?

7879

Kumakougen Town, temple 44 – Daihouji. The white stuff isn’t snow, it was probably caused by the mist. The left picture is the (second?!) main gate.

808182

The henro path to #45

83

The earlier mist from above?

858687

Kumakougenchou, temple 45 - Iwayaji

88

Some danish pastries and a banana I received from a car-henro pilgrim I met in the noukyoujo (the place where you receive the temple’s written sutra). I was eating them when another car-henro lady gave me a boiled egg. Just as I was getting hungry. ^^

899091

Rather than take the old henro path again on the way back to the town, I walked the road route. Starting to see the beginnings of autumn leaf colouring.

92

For lunch I ate beef udon noodles and curry rice at an udon restaurant next to the supermarket.

9394

The room at Yayoi diner. The jacket on the chair was given to me by the guy running the place. (it was his old one)

No comments:

Post a Comment